The 18th century was a wealth of knowledge, exploration and rapidly growing technology and expanding record-keeping made possible by advances in the printing press. In its determination to preserve the century of revolution, Gale initiated a revolution of its own: digitization of epic proportions to preserve these invaluable works in the largest archive of its kind. Now for the first time these high-quality digital copies of original 18th century manuscripts are available in print, making them highly accessible to libraries, undergraduate students, and independent scholars.The Age of Enlightenment profoundly enriched religious and philosophical understanding and continues to influence present-day thinking. Works collected here include masterpieces by David Hume, Immanuel Kant, and Jean-Jacques Rousseau, as well as religious sermons and moral debates on the issues of the day, such as the slave trade. The Age of Reason saw conflict between Protestantism and Catholicism transformed into one between faith and logic -- a debate that continues in the twenty-first century.++++The below data was compiled from various identification fields in the bibliographic record of this title. This data is provided as an additional tool in helping to insure edition identification:++++British LibraryT075131Cambridge : printed by J. Archdeacon, printer to the University; for J. Woodyer, Cambridge. and sold by J. Beecroft, and T. Cadell, London, 1773. ,18p. ; 8° Books Books ~~ Religion~~ History Thoughts-on-duelling~~See-Notes-Multiple-Contributors Gale ECCO, Print Editions
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
2010, ISBN: 1170322034, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: Gale Ecco, Print Editions, 28 Seiten, L=189mm, B=246mm, H=1mm, Gew.=68gr, [GR: 25420 - TB/Religion/Theologie/Allgemeines/Lexika], [SW: - Religion - Commentaries / Reference], Kartoniert/Broschiert
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Thoughts on Duelling.
Details of the book - Thoughts on Duelling.
EAN (ISBN-13): 9781170322031
ISBN (ISBN-10): 1170322034
Publishing year: 2010
Publisher: Gale Ecco, Print Editions
Weight: 0,068 kg
Book in our database since 30.12.2011 14:52:48
Book found last time on 09.10.2014 06:04:21
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "The Art of Governing a Wife; With Rules for Batchelors. to Which Is Added, an Essay Against Unequal Marriages.", from "Multiple Contributors, See Notes" (9781170322024)
- "The Book of Common Prayer, and Administration of the Sacraments, ... Together with the Psalter ...", from "Multiple Contributors, See Notes" (9781170322048)
- "Antenuptial Fornication Considered. in a Letter to a Young Gentleman.", from "Multiple Contributors, See Notes" (9781170322017)
- "The Holy Bible, Containing the Old Testament and the New", from "Multiple Contributors, See Notes" (9781170322055)
- "A Letter of Consolation to a Noble Lady, Upon the Differences Between Her and Her Lord.", from "Multiple Contributors, See Notes" (9781170322000)
- "The Whole Book of Psalms: Collected Into English Metre, by Thomas Sternhold, John Hopkins, and Others. ...", from "Multiple Contributors, See Notes" (9781170322062)