Detailseite wird geladen...
This suspenseful haunted-house tale--praised by the New York Times for its "passages rich with descriptive beauty, complex with philosophical theorizing and seductive with hard (and tantalizing) information"--is a rich elaboration on the premise of parapsychologists trying to document ghost behavior. In this instance the researchers are a recently married (and sexually repressed) young couple who move their high-tech equipment into a Victorian house with the requisite history of bumps in the night. They are prepared to encounter supernatural phenomena, but not at all prepared to examine their own psyches. When the house starts acting as a sounding board for their neurotic conflicts, it's not clear whether actual ghosts are acting as interactive mirrors, or if the house is simply a big Rorschach inkblot for the projections of a troubled marriage. Judith Hawkes unfolds all the chilling complexity of the puzzle, and leaves readers to draw their own conclusions. genre fiction,horror,literature and fiction Horror, Ticknor & Fields
used Shipping costs:zzgl. Versandkosten, plus shipping costs
Details of the book - Julian's House
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0899199062
Publisher: Ticknor & Fields
Book in our database since 27.03.2008 03:48:14
Book found last time on 18.11.2016 16:37:45
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Leaving Cold Sassy: The Unfinished Sequel to Cold Sassy Tree", from "Olive Ann Burns, Katrina Kenison" (0899199089)
- "Travels With Alice", from "Trillin, Calvin" (0899199100)
- "Close Company: Stories of Mothers and Daughters", from "Park, Christine & Heaton, Caroline - Editors -" (0899199003)
- "galbraith", from "lamson" (0899199135)
- "Still Life With Insects", from "Brian Kiteley" (0899198988)
- "George B.McClellan: The Young Napoleon", from "Stephen W. Sears" (0899199143)