The traditional debate on governmental regulation has run its course, with economically minded analysts pointing to regulation''s inefficiency while those focused on justice purposefully avoid the economic paradigm to defend regulation''s role in protecting consumers, workers, and society''s disadvantaged. In Rescuing Regulation, Reza R. Dibadj challenges both camps. He squarely addresses the shortcomings of the conventional economic critique that portrays regulation as a waste, and also confronts those focused on justice to marshal economic arguments for public intervention against social inequities and abusive market behavior. Providing novel answers to the questions of why and how to regulate, Dibadj contends that the law and economics paradigm must not remain an apologist for laissez-faire public policy. He also demonstrates how incorporating the latest economics and revamping institutions can help improve our public agencies. Rescuing Regulation not only suggests ways to develop public institutions reflective of a democracy, but also broadly outlines how social science can inform normative legal discourse. Reza R. Dibadj, Books, Reference and Language, Rescuing Regulation Books>Reference and Language Fashions a new way of defending the importance of economic regulation.
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
2007, ISBN: 0791468844, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: ST UNIV OF NEW YORK, 224 Seiten, L=229mm, B=156mm, H=14mm, Gew.=336gr, [GR: 27780 - TB/Internationales und ausländ. Recht], [SW: - Politics / Current Events], Kartoniert/Broschiert, Klappentext: Fashions a new way of defending the importance of economic regulation. Fashions a new way of defending the importance of economic regulation.
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Details of the book - Rescuing Regulation
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780791468845
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0791468844
Publishing year: 2007
Publisher: ST UNIV OF NEW YORK
Weight: 0,336 kg
Book in our database since 18.11.2007 19:45:00
Book found last time on 20.03.2015 06:11:25
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Rescuing Regulation", from "Dibadj, Reza R." (9780791468838)
- "The Perils and Promise of Global Transparency: Why the Information Revolution May Not Lead to Security, Democracy, or Peace", from "Lord, Kristin M." (9780791468852)
- "Buddha in Sri Lanka: Remembered Yesterdays", from "Wickremeratne, Swarna" (9780791468821)
- "The Perils and Promise of Global Transparency: Why the Information Revolution May Not Lead to Security, Democracy, or Peace", from "Lord, Kristin M." (9780791468869)
- "Buddha in Sri Lanka: Remembered Yesterdays", from "Wickremeratne, Swarna" (9780791468814)
- "The Death of Classical Cinema: Hitchcock, Lang, Minnelli", from "McElhaney, Joe" (9780791468876)