A fine classroom supplement and a solid information source for kids writing social studies reports, this book explains the federal system as it works today, more than two hundred years after the framers of the Constitution brought it into existence. Covered here are the Legislative body, composed of Senate and House Representatives, the Executive branch, headed by the President and consisting of Cabinet members and their agencies, and the Judicial branch, headed by the U.S. Supreme Court, and extending to federal courts throughout the nation. Young readers learn how officials are elected or appointed and how government agencies work for the people''s benefit. A complex process is explained in interesting terms that young readers can comprehend. Syl Sobel, Books, How The U.s. Government Works Books Sobel explains the three branches of the federal government--legislative, executive, and judicial--and how they work.
Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
1999, ISBN: 0764111116, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: BARRONS EDUC SERIES, 48 Seiten, L=248mm, B=180mm, H=4mm, Gew.=141gr, [GR: 22860 - TB/Kinderbücher/Sachbücher/Geschichte/Politik], [SW: - Children's Books / Ages 9-12 Nonfiction], Kartoniert/Broschiert, Klappentext: Sobel explains the three branches of the federal government--legislative, executive, and judicial--and how they work. Sobel explains the three branches of the federal government--legislative, executive, and judicial--and how they work.
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
How the U.S. Government Works How the U.S. Government Works
Details of the book - How the U.S. Government Works How the U.S. Government Works
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780764111112
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0764111116
Publishing year: 1999
Publisher: BARRONS EDUC SERIES
Weight: 0,141 kg
Book in our database since 18.04.2007 09:23:19
Book found last time on 20.03.2015 05:31:33
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Intercultural Business [Business Success Guides].", from "BELL, ARTHUR H.; WILLIAMS, GARY G." (0764111132)
- "Cooking With the Stars: A Collection of Favorite Recipes of Celebrities from Film, Television, Music, Sports, Politics, Business, and the Culinary Arts", from "Richard Ameil" (0764111140)
- "Winning Women in Ice Hockey (Sport Success)", from "Marlene Targ Brill" (0764111159)
- "Winning Women in Soccer (Sport Success)", from "Marlene Targ Brill" (0764111167)
- "Leopard and Fat-Tailed Geckos Leopard and Fat-Tailed Geckos", from "Bartlett, Richard D." (9780764111198)
- "Corn Snakes", from "Bartlett, Richard D.; Bartlett, Patricia; Bartlett, Patricia Pope" (0764111205)