1979, ISBN: 0702213977
Hardcover, ID: 9711287116
[EAN: 9780702213977], Gebraucht, sehr guter Zustand, [PU: University of Queensland Press, St. Lucia, Queensland], SOCIOLOGY & CULTURE SOCIOLOGY, CLERGY, AUSTRALIA, STUDY, 1960S, RELIGION CULTURE; AUSTRALIA; THEOLOGY. THEOLOGY, list of figures, list of tables, acknowledgements, two appendices, references and additional reading and index. Silver coloured endpapers. The text is illustrated with numerous tables and figures. Blue coloured boards with white coloured titles to the backstrip.Illustrated dustwrapper with blue coloured titles to the front panel and backstrip.In this book the author studied clergy from six Protestant denominations, attempting to understand the orientations and priorities of contemporary parish (1960s) in Australia."The state of religion in the 1960s, a period of public questioning of basic doctrines, heresy trials, and clergy involvement in political protests, provides the backdrop to and the source of many of the problems which the clergy face. There is a sociological overview of the future of religion, including aspects of the debate on secularisation." -- from the front fold over panel blurb. Softening to the head and to the heel of the backstrip and rubbing to the lower book edges. Staying to the top right-hand corner of the front book panel and there is light browning of the textblock edges and light age toning of the internal pages. Some pencil notations to the top right-hand corner of the free front endpaper.Creasing to the dustwrapper edges and heavy rubbing to the dustwrapper panels. Handling marks are also present and a burn mark, along with remains of stickers, can be seen to the top right-hand corner of the front dustwrapper panel. Size: Octavo (standard book size). (7), VIII-XII, (1), 2-253, (5) pages, Quantity Available: 1. Shipped Weight: Under 1 kilo. Category: Sociology & Culture; Australia; Religion & Theology. ISBN: 0702213977. ISBN/EAN: 9780702213977. Inventory No: 0114233.
Syber's Books, Melbourne, VIC, Australia  [Rating: 4 (von 5)]
NOT NEW BOOK Shipping costs: EUR 20.40
The plight of the Australian clergy: To convert, care or challenge?
Details of the book - The plight of the Australian clergy: To convert, care or challenge?
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0702213977
Publishing year: 1979
Book in our database since 07.02.2008 14:19:55
Book found last time on 04.04.2014 15:45:07
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "The Struggle of Naga Tribe: A Play (Asian & Pacific Writing)", from "Willibordus Su Rendra, Max Lane, Max Lane, M. Lane" (0702213969)
- "Surfing Subcultures of Australia and New Zealand", from "Pearson, Kent" (0702213985)
- "The Struggle of Naga Tribe: A Play (Asian & Pacific writing)", from "Willibordus Su Rendra, Max Lane, Max Lane, M. Lane" (0702213950)
- "After the Odyssey (Studies in Society & Culture ISSN 0156-6652)", from "Gillian Bottomley" (0702213993)
- "Flame and shadow: Selected stories", from "David Watt Ian Campbell" (0702213942)
- "Flame and shadow: Selected stories", from "David Watt Ian Campbell" (0702214000)