1990, ISBN: 069102507X
[EAN: 9780691025070], [PU: Princeton University Press], This Book is in Good Condition. Clean Copy With Light Amount of Wear. 100% Guaranteed. Summary: [Bryan Norton] seeks to offer directions, to stimulate readers to ask the right questions, and to clarify some of the fuzzy thinking that pervades sections of the conservation movement. I found this a helpful and well-structured book written with a clarity of style and logic not always found in philosophic treatises. . . . Why Preserve Natural Variety? arrives at an opportune time. Biodiversity is a current catch word and Norton provides a good analysis of both the arguments supporting biodiversity and the criticisms by skeptics. . . .--David R. Given, BioScience Norton's book is a fine companion piece to his anthology The Preservation of Species (Princeton University Press, 1986). . . . Rewarding reading for anyone who has ever reflected on why, how, or if natural habitats should be preserved.-- Library Journal A valuable and unique contribution both to environmental ethics and public policy analysis of the preservation of species question. Norton provides a critical overview of the range of thought on the issue, presents a new and comprehensive rationale for preservation of both species and ecosystems, and addresses policy issues. --Choice
Book Deals, Lewiston, NY, U.S.A.  [Rating: 4 (von 5)]
Shipping costs: EUR 66.44
Why Preserve Natural Variety?
Details of the book - Why Preserve Natural Variety?
ISBN (ISBN-10): 069102507X
Publishing year: 1990
Publisher: Princeton University Press
Book in our database since 06.07.2007 11:30:38
Book found last time on 11.02.2016 02:39:50
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Spinors Tetrods (Paper)", from "J. Plebanski" (0691025061)
- "The How and the Why: An Essay on the Origins and Development of Physical Theory", from "Park, David" (0691025088)
- "From Caligari to Hitler: A Psychological History of the German Film", from "Kracauer, Seigfreid; Kracauer, Siegfried" (0691025053)
- "Conflict And Decision-Making In Soviet Russia- A Case Study Of Agricultural Policy 1953-1963", from "Sidney I. Ploss" (0691025037)
- "A Guide to the Birds of Panama: With Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Honduras", from "Ridgely, Robert S." (0691025126)
- "Communism and Revolution", from "Cyril E. Black, Thomas Perry Thornton" (0691025010)