[EAN: 9780521806688], Neubuch, [PU: Cambridge University Press], Business & Economics|Economics, Political Science |Government|National, Political Science |Public Policy|Social Policy, BRAND NEW, Global Capital, Political Institutions, and Policy Change in Developed Welfare States, Duane H. Swank, This book argues that the post-1970 rise in international capital mobility has not contributed to the retrenchment of developed welfare states. Nor has globalization reduced the revenue-raising capacities of governments and undercut the political institutions that support the welfare state. Rather, institutional features of the polity and the welfare state determine the extent to which the economic and political pressures associated with globalization produce welfare state retrenchment. In systems characterized by electoral institutions, social corporatist interest representation and policy-making, centralized political authority, and social insurance-based program structures, pro-welfare state interests are favored. In nations characterized by majoritarian electoral institutions, pluralist interest representation and policy-making, decentralization of policy-making authority, and liberal program structure, the economic and political pressures attendant on globalization are translated into rollbacks of social protection. Globalization has had least impact on large welfare states of Northern Europe and most effect on small welfare states of Anglo nations.
THE SAINT BOOKSTORE, Southport, MSY, United Kingdom  [Rating: 5 (von 5)]
NEW BOOK Shipping costs: EUR 5.34
2002, ISBN: 0521806682, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: CAMBRIDGE UNIV PR, 350 Seiten, [GR: 17430 - HC/Politikwissenschaft], [SW: - Business / Economics / Finance], Gebunden, Klappentext: Post-1970 international capital mobility has not contributed to the retrenchment of developed welfare states. Post-1970 international capital mobility has not contributed to the retrenchment of developed welfare states.
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
NA Political Parties, Political, Institutions, Capital, Cambridge University Press
new Shipping costs:zzgl. Versandkosten, plus shipping costs
Global Capital, Political Institutions, and Policy Change in Developed Welfare States
Details of the book - Global Capital, Political Institutions, and Policy Change in Developed Welfare States
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780521806688
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0521806682
Publishing year: 2002
Publisher: CAMBRIDGE UNIV PR
Book in our database since 27.02.2007 06:44:50
Book found last time on 28.12.2013 13:50:46
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "The European Commission and the Integration of Europe: Images of Governance (Themes in European Governance)", from "Liesbet Hooghe" (0521806674)
- "Redeeming the Communist Past: The Regeneration of Communist Parties in East Central Europe", from "Grzymaa-Busse, Anna Maria" (0521806690)
- "Intervention and Transnationalism in Africa: Global-Local Networks of Power", from "Thomas M. Callaghy, Ronald Kassimir, Robert Latham" (0521806666)
- "Nationalist Mobilization and the Collapse of the Soviet State", from "Beissinger, Mark R." (0521806704)
- "The Critique of the State", from "Bartelson, Jens" (9780521806657)
- "Language, Discourse and Power in African American Culture", from "Morgan, Marcyliena H.; Marcyliena, Morgan" (0521806712)