Breaking from prevailing conceptions of ethics and morality as matters of moral rule or principle, this volume calls attention to ethical life in South Asia—the moral dispositions at work in lived experience, and the embodied practices of ethical engagement through which such dispositions may be cultivated and shared. Taking up themes such as the transmission of tradition, ethical engagements with modernity, ethical practices of the self, and moral relations between self and others, this volume puts South Asian traditions of ethical life into conversation with the Aristotelian, Christian, and liberal traditions that have been so consequential for ethical life in the West. Indiana University Press Textbooks New Books ~~ Philosophy~~ Ethics & Moral Philosophy Ethical-Life-in-South-Asia~~Anand-Pandian Indiana University Press Outgrowth of an international workshop on the subject of South Asian ethical practices held in Vancouver, Canada in September 2007.
Free Shipping on eligible orders over $25 Shipping costs:plus shipping costs
2010, ISBN: 0253222435, Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Internationaler Buchtitel. In englischer Sprache. Verlag: INDIANA UNIV PR, 290 Seiten, L=229mm, B=161mm, H=19mm, Gew.=408gr, [GR: 27000 - TB/Sozialwissenschaften/Recht/Wirtschaft], [SW: - Archaeology / Anthropology], Kartoniert/Broschiert, Klappentext: Outgrowth of an international workshop on the subject of South Asian ethical practices held in Vancouver, Canada in September 2007. Outgrowth of an international workshop on the subject of South Asian ethical practices held in Vancouver, Canada in September 2007.
Lieferbar binnen 4-6 Wochen (Besorgungstitel) Shipping costs:Versandkostenfrei innerhalb der BRD
Ethical Life in South Asia Author :Anand Pandian Daud Ali 9780253222435 0253222435, [PU: Indiana University Press]
new Shipping costs: EUR 0.00
Ethical Life in South Asia
Details of the book - Ethical Life in South Asia
EAN (ISBN-13): 9780253222435
ISBN (ISBN-10): 0253222435
Publishing year: 2010
Publisher: INDIANA UNIV PR
Weight: 0,408 kg
Book in our database since 11.08.2012 11:07:14
Book found last time on 08.10.2014 14:04:43
ISBN - alternate spelling:
< to archive...
- "Everyday Quantum Reality", from "Grandy, David A." (9780253222428)
- "Life Lessons Through Storytelling: Children's Exploration of Ethics", from "Eder, Donna" (9780253222442)
- "Natality and Finitude", from "O'Byrne, Anne" (9780253222411)
- "Bodies, Politics, and African Healing: The Matter of Maladies in Tanzania", from "Stacey A. Langwick" (9780253222459)
- "Bodily Natures: Science, Environment, and the Material Self", from "Alaimo, Stacy" (9780253222404)
- "Writing the Black Revolutionary Diva: Women's Subjectivity and the Decolonizing Text", from "Brown, Kimberly Nichele" (9780253222466)